Unless you have been living under a rock lately, you know video is all the rage. So let me ask you a question. Have you been using video for small business marketing? If not, why not? Video marketing is not only for big business. Your small business can benefit greatly from using video in your marketing efforts.
Let me throw a little bit of statistics in the mix for you and then you tell me why you don’t think it’s a good idea to move forward with video.
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. —Invodo1
- 70% of marketing professionals report video converts better than any other medium. —MarketingProfs2
- There was a 2015 B2B Video Content Marketing Survey in which 96% of the respondents stated they are engaged in video content marketing. —ReelSEO3
- Using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80%. —Unbounce4
- Globally, consumer Internet video traffic will be 80% of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019, up from 64% in 2014. —Cisco5
This is only the tip of the iceberg for video marketing statistics. So I ask again, why wouldn’t you want to add video to your online marketing strategy?
Honestly, you don’t have to have any videos that go viral. As a small business, a simple marketing video on your landing page can work wonders for your business. I’m living proof of that.
In 2013 I started getting my feet wet with video and decided to make my first marketing video for my home page. As soon as I proudly announced to my other social media channels that I had produced my first video, I got an e-mail from a potential client. That client started with my practice in January 2013 and we worked together until June 2015. That was two and half years of revenue coming into my business. Would I say that video was worth my time and investment? Absolutely!
That is only one example of what one video did for my bottom line. I could go on about other clients who came on board, all because of videos I have produced. On top of that, I have also assisted my current clients with their video marketing efforts. They became interested simply because I added video and screencast production to the full spectrum of services I provide.
The main point here is you want to start using video for small business marketing, which will add to your online visibility, generate more online and off-line leads, increase your subscriber base, and draw more traffic to your website.
With the amount of technology now available, and with a little ingenuity and creativity, you do not need a large marketing budget for video production. With a little patience and tenacity, you can start creating your videos with minimal investment. Take it a step further on the professional spectrum, and a little bit more of an investment, you could always hand over the editing, SEO, and marketing structure to an Online Business Manager / Virtual Assistant. (Okay, you know I had to give a small plug for my services in there somewhere!) The ROI could definitely be worth your time and investment.
I can already hear you say, “But I have no idea of where to start and what type of video I should do!”
Subscribe to Channel
Can't See the Video, Click Here to Watch
Let me help you get your creative juices flowing a little. Here are four main types of marketing videos you could start working on today for your business.
- Explainer Video: This would be the video for your landing page or home page of your website. It catches the visitor’s intrigue. It lets individuals know why they should use your services or products. It’s not about you; it’s about your audience. What is the value they are going to receive by doing business with you? What problems are you able to solve for them with your product or service?
- Testimonial Video: We all know how beneficial testimonials are to our businesses. Now add even more extra weight to those testimonials by having your clients provide video testimonials about your product or service. They can easily use their web cams and provide a short testimonial about the value they have received from you.
They don’t want to be on camera? Easily solved. They can send you an audio file of their testimonial, along with their photo. Put the photo in a video with the audio of their testimonial.
They only want to send you a written testimonial and nothing else. No problem. Put a video together with short text snippets of the juicier bits of the testimonials along with images of your product or service. Put the video at the top of a testimonial page and include the full text versions of the testimonials underneath.
- Product Video: These are great for demonstrating the benefits of your product or service. Your potential clients can see how your product works prior to making the decision to buy. If you have sales staff, this lightens their load, as they can send potential clients the video prior to attending a meeting with them. It’s a first step to pre-qualifying the client. If the client is still interested after watching the video, you know they are already partially sold.
- How-To or Tutorial Video: These videos will help seal the deal on showing your expertise and knowledge around your services or products. Don’t confuse these with your product videos. This is not where you are doing a hard sell on your product or service. These should actually be consider “value added” videos and not “marketing” videos. You are providing value and knowledge on how to do something. You should be in the teaching mode, not the selling mode.
These four are a good start for the types of videos you could do for your small business marketing. Other types of video you could possibly add are recordings of webinars, interviews, quick tips, and presentation and event videos.
Get on the band wagon and
Here are four main types of marketing videos you could start working on today for your business.Click To Tweet
start using video for small business marketing!
1Invodo: Video Statistics: The Marketer’s Summary (http://www.invodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Invodo_Video_Statistics_The_Marketers_Summary.pdf)
2MarketingProfs: 2015 Will Be the Year of Video Marketing (http://www.marketingprofs.com/articles/2014/26719/2015-will-be-the-year-of-video-marketing)
3ReelSEO: 73% of B2B Marketers Say Video Positively Impacts Marketing ROI (http://www.reelseo.com/b2b-marketers-video-roi/)
4Unbounce: The Benefits of Using Video on Landing Pages (http://unbounce.com/landing-page-articles/the-benefits-of-using-video-on-landing-pages/)
5Cisco: Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2014-2019 White Paper (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/ip-ngn-ip-next-generation-network/white_paper_c11-481360.html)